Saturday, January 21, 2012

More Scrap Therapy

I've been working on the scrap project, sorting and cutting and organizing.  Seems like that's the theme this year judging from the blogs I visit.  Everyone is trying to get organized.  

I hopped on over to the The Quilting Gallery and Michele has a new swap starting.  It's called New Beginnings Mini Quilt Swap.  I've participated in only one swap hosted by Michele and it was fun to see who and where my swap partner was from.  You have until Feb. 1st  to registerI started on my mini quilt, actually I have the top done but will only show you a couple of pics to tease you a little.


I used the batik scraps to make these 2 inch blocks









Those little guys will be put together like this.  Wait until you see the end result.  I'll post it when I get it completed and before I have to send it off to my swap partner.


Two nights ago I couldn't sleep.  I hate those times and I try to do something constructive when it happens.  Either reading or play a word game on the Kindle or knit hoping that by 3:00 a.m. I'll drop off.  But the other night I was awake all night until finally at 5:30 I went to sleep.  In the meantime, I did all of the above and managed to nearly complete knitting a sweater for Minnie.  She loves her sweaters.


This was the first time I did a cable stitch and it worked up real nice.

Now I know what I can do the next time I have one of those sleepless nights.  Anyone out there needing a dog sweater?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That sweater is so CUTE! You did a great job on the cables.