Wednesday, November 23, 2011

GIVING THANKS

Yes, it's time to reflect and be thankful for all we have.  I know you all are thinking the same things and I'm not going to belabor the point but I want to express my blessings publicly.

                                                               
                                                                First, I'm thankful I don't have a mortgage on my house.
Even though the value went down and the taxes went up, I'm grateful that I have a roof over my head (brand new) and that I didn't have to borrow to pay for it.  Everything is still holding together for the time being, although that washer will need to be replaced soon and the floor it sits on.  Oh well.








  Next, I'm grateful we don't have any snow on the
ground, so far.  The bird feeding area looks rather drab but when I consider what it looked like last year at this time, I find beauty in the browns and grays.  The birds, squirrels and rabbits don't mind.
Maybe those turkeys will show up again.  We had a family of 6 visit us most of the summer.





                                    
I'm happy I wake up every morning and get out of bed.  Many are sick and hurting and I'm so very grateful that life has treated me well.  I've survived cancer and life is good.  Minnie has a good life, too.  She sleeps in her own little kennel to the left of my bed at night but she loves to snuggle on my bed during the day.  I usually have to make the bed two or three times throughout the day.  She is such a hoot.



I have so many other things to be thankful for.  My wonderful family, my beautiful daughter, No. 38, my fantastic friends, Minnie...all too numerous to list.  So this thanksgiving season I'll be reflecting on all my blessings.  I'm going to make pie now.  Enjoy your day.

No comments: