Wednesday, November 9, 2011

New Bear

I finally finished those two beautiful light colored mink bears.  They'll be going to their new home on Friday.





The one on the left is wearing a banner with the name of the coat's owner embroidered on the lining.  So many of the mink coats that I get are custom made and their names or initials are embroidered on the lining.  If there are only initials I'll put them on the paw pads if they fit. 

Now, I'm caught up with the bears.  On to some felted wool projects and I have a couple of quilt tops to quilt.  I'll share those when they are finished.

Today was a beautiful day for the 9th of November.  There wasn't a cloud in the sky.  Minnie and I went on our walk around noon and it was glorious with the sun shining and the yellow leaves raining down.  Went for a ride to the next town, visited a thrift store and stopped at a flooring store for some ideas on floor covering.  My washing machine is terminal so it's only a matter of time before I'll have to put it out of its misery.  Since it will be leaving the laundry room in the near future, I've decided to replace the flooring.  One thing inevitably leads to another as things go.  Not looking forward to the expense and disruption in my life but things need to be kept up and fixed. 

Looking forward to a quiet weekend and hopefully no snow.  The holiday season is fast approaching and there's always lots to do.  Having an early Thanksgiving get-together with out-of-state friends next Monday and I promised to make pies for the occasion.  Mmmmm - I'm told I make darn good pies.  My mother was known for her pie making and I guess I inherited the pie gene.  I must have because she never taught me. 

Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments: