Saturday, April 21, 2012

Garage Sale Weekend

Yesterday and today was the annual city-wide garage sale.  Lots of stuff everywhere.  The last thing I need is more stuff so I decided it would be prudent of me to stay away from any and all sales.  Sorry to disappoint everyone, I didn't go to any..well, that's a lie.  I stopped at two because quilting fabric was advertised and scrap booking stuff.  The fabric was not that great so I passed (you'd be proud of my restraint), and I was too late on the scrapbook supplies.  I did get out for my usual morning walk and passed lots of open garages.  I refused to look and my heart was going pitty-pat as I passed by. 

My friend Beth stopped by with her Boston Terrier puppy for a social lesson with Minnie.  And like a dolt, I didn't take any pictures.  The intro went well considering this is Minnie's house and she was suddenly invaded by this high-strung pup who wanted to play.  There were a few growls when Raz got too close to Minnie's treat cupboard.  Minnie got Raz's toy and gutted it.
 This was a hedgehog!  Minnie guts all her toys so all that's left is a piece of soggy rag.  Raz didn't care.  She liked Minnie's rags better anyway.  I'll get pictures the next time they have a play date.  We'll visit Raz on her territory next and see how that goes.  Minnie needs to socialize a bit more than she does.

The laundry room is done.  New floor, new paint, new shelf and new washer.
 I'm very satisfied with how it turned out.  It was a mess but it got done.  Today I finished a little Sunbonnet Sue's Washday to hang on the wall.  I ended up drawing my own version.
 The blue matches the paint.  I'll sew that binding tonight.

That's about it.  My back is improving.  I've had two good days in a row.  The chiropractor eased up yesterday and it made a big difference.  I'm encouraged that I'll be able to function normally again.  We've been promised warmer temps next week so I'll be getting in the gardens and yard.  

Thanks for visiting today.  Hope your weekend is going well.

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute quilt. I'd love tile in my laundry room.