Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Morning Bark

I'm late on my morning bark, about 10 hours late.  Oh well.  I was busy this morning as I started quilting the Blue Beast at 5:30 a.m.
 This quilt is 105 by 96 or around there; thus, the Blue Beast.  I set the blocks on point with sashing between so the first step is to stitch in the ditch going both directions between the blocks.  Once that's done, I'll quilt the blocks.  I have an inkling of an idea of how I'm going to quilt the blocks but have not quite decided yet.  Does anybody else quilt large quilts with their sewing machine?  Since I added a table behind my machine, it works so much better.  I sewed until 7:00.  I did another hour this afternoon.  I'll be in a world of hurt if I spend too much time at one sitting.

This afternoon I finished painting the entryway.
 It's called "Green Tea".  Normally, I would stay away from green walls but this is such a rich green that I felt brave and decided to go for it.  Besides, it's only this wall and the wall opposite which is the coat closet.  The quilt you see is the doll quilt I got from my swap partner at Doll Quilters Monthly.  Vickie from Creative Notions
made this one for me.  I sent her a tulip quilt which I hand pieced.
We've already been assigned our May partners so I must get busy on the May Flowers quilt for my partner, Linda, in California.  This is a fun swap and you can join anytime.  Just click on the link above or the button on the right side.

 It's time to rest.  The day was busy and I'll probably be up at 5 a.m. sewing on the Beast.


4 comments:

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I can't believe how much you got done in one day! I don't think I could have done half as much! I do machine quilt large quilts in a domestic machine but yours is larger than any I've done. I think my largest was 80 x 80. Sounds like you're doing great!!

Vickie said...

OH MY GOSH! I never can quilt big quilts on my home machine it makes my shoulder hurt just to think of it. I always rent a longarm. Your quilt is so beautiful and I can't wait to display it proudly in my new home...I'm moving soon. I will always treasure it. Thanks again. Vickie

Barbara said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous doll quilt!

sunny said...

What beautiful quilts! I don't think I could quilt a large quilt on my sewing machine, so I stick with wall hangings and lap quilts. You're so brave.