Tuesday, January 24, 2012

More FMQing

I decided I needed a little more practice on my free motion quilting for January so I put together the sample quilt suggested by Sew Cal Gal.  I want to have something to show for the next twelve months.  I came up with enough flannel to make the sampler and it can be a baby quilt when it's done.
Oh my gosh, the pictures didn't go up in the order I wanted.  Well, you get the idea.  I really like this leaf design and I think I'll be using that one often.

I'm still working on my scrapping and sorting.
 The top picture is the cutting table and sorting into strips, bottom left is the 30s fabric that is done and the bottom right is the "crumbs" that are being thrown away.  I look at this mess and it just overwhelms me.  What have I started?  And I have so much  yet to do.  Maybe I need to have a cup of tea, or a glass of wine or bake something or start my taxes.  Or all of the above! 

No comments: