Sunday, January 8, 2012

Retreat Day

It was a productive day at the retreat.  Well, of course it was productive.  Isn't that why we leave our safe sewing rooms with all our stuff and go somewhere else to sew?   We all did our own thing..finishing projects and starting new ones.  I managed to get most of  the quilting done on a flannel quilt I was saving just for this day.
I did the design from the first tutorial by expert Frances Moore of the FMQ Challange.  For more information on this challenge click on the gadget on the right side bar or go here.  I think I can submit my challenge for the month after doing this quilt.  I still have the borders to do so will wait to show you when that's done.

Other members worked on their projects:    Ruth was playing with some of her 60 degree triangle designs.  I did take pictures of our members working on their projects but neglected to ask them if they would mind having their pics on my blog.  So for privacy reasons, I'll not show them hunched over their projects.  But, believe me, we all worked very hard.  Oh yeah, there were a lot of laughs and  food.









We had Subway sandwiches brought in




And everyone brought more goodies.  

As you can see, we didn't go hungry.





We also had some show and tell. 


This scrappy quilt using fall fabrics got my juices flowing as I'm attempting to herd my scraps.  


 
This one was made with Christmas scraps.  The background fabric was the word JOY swirled around.   




It was a fun day and I came home renewed.  Isn't that the whole idea of retreats?  Back to herding.

1 comment:

One Minnesota Quilter said...

I have the pattern for this fall quilt and have always thought it would look neat out of the fruits and vegetable fabrics. This picture gives me a better visual of what that might look like.

Aren't retreats fun?

Judy