Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's All About Family

Today was set aside to get projects organized and possibly finished.  However, life doesn't go the way you like it to.  Last Friday my sister Joni  was taken to the hospital with kidney failure.  She's never been sick outside of a cold and the last time she was in the hospital was in 1965 when her youngest daughter was born.  Seems about a month ago she didn't feel well and thought she had the flu.  Then it became a bladder infection.  She didn't go to the doctor for treatment and to make a long story short, she was admitted  to the hospital with  serious life-threatening kidney infection.  I'm happy to report that she is slowly recovering but has lost 5% of her kidney function and will be on dialysis until her kidneys come back to at least 40%.  We've all been praying for her and hope she will have a full recovery.

Just a year ago, my other sister Shari had a life-threatening event that altered her life.  She contracted a staph infection from a small cut on her leg and ended up having her leg amputated.

My third sister Judy is a breast cancer survivor as am I.  Obviously, we've all inherited the survivor gene in our DNA.  Not a bad gene to have.

The point being that you never know what life is going to throw at you.  I figured out that when you make plans, God laughs.  Since I retired, I don't make as many scheduled plans as I use to.  Each day brings me new challenges and smiles.   And I embrace every day that I can be with my family.  Love you Shari, Joni and Judy.

No comments: