Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Out and About

Yesterday my friend Sandy called me in the morning and asked what I had planned for the day.  When you're retired, your day can be pretty flexible unless there are appointments to be  kept.  But yesterday was one of those days that I could say I had nothing I had to do that I couldn't do tomorrow.  She had the day off from her job and suggested we go out for lunch and visit some thrift stores we haven't been to.

First we had lunch, of course.  You can't do important shopping without feeding the body so we stopped at Emma Krumbee's in Belle Plaine for a delicious lunch and getting caught up.  Then we headed over to Home to Home Thrift Store.  It doesn't even look like a thrift store.  It's arranged so beautifully and the displays are as good as any retail store.  I found some quality quilting fabric which, believe it or not, was displayed on a hanger.

Next, we headed to LeSueur where we found  Treasures in Town on Main Street across from the theater.  Again, that was a quality thrift store.  I found these wonderful little tieras to give as part of a Christmas gift for one of the great grandchildren.  She loves anything princess related. 


It was a wonderful afternoon enjoying the scenery around the countryside and spending time with my friend.  The harvest is beginning, the temps are warm and it just feels good to be alive.

I'm at a high level of frustration today as I'm trying to jazz this blog up a bit but can't seem to do what I want. I'm spending a lot of time at the computer and getting nothing accomplished.   If anyone out there has any advice, please post a comment.  Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. 

Have a great day, everyone. 

No comments: