Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weekend activities

Spent the weekend celebrating #38's birthday.  If you don't know who #38 is, go to "About Me" and it will explain.  Anyway, Friday was his day so I promised to devote all my attention to whatever he wanted to do.  First we went garage saling.  The last thing I need is more stuff and the last thing he needs is more tools but he found a box of odds and ends with screwdrivers that he had to have and I ended up with a thread spool holder which mounts on the wall.  It holds 60 spools and I only paid $5 for it so I couldn't pass it up.  I sorted out all my quilting thread and found I have too much brown and not enough ecru.  That's what happens when you don't have it organized by color.  We had dinner (lunch) at the Pizza Ranch in LeSueur then came home and picked up black walnuts in the backyard.  I crawled around on my hands and knees  because it seemed easier than bending over.  We ended up with 18 pails full.  My back still hurts. 
We ended the day with supper at the Little Dandy. 

Saturday I cleaned house and did some sewing.  Finished two bears for a woman whose husband died this spring in a drowning accident.  I made the bears out of his favorite lounging pants.


One pair was Minnesota Wild and the other was Nascar.  He had two children so these will be a sweet memory for them.

Today we had #38's children, sister and nephew for dinner as a continuation of his birthday.  Everybody brought something so it turned into a feast.  And the weather couldn't have been more perfect.  We spent most of the afternoon out on the patio.  I had to take a picture of the birthday cake his daughter brought.


That deer head is made from plastic and sat on the cake as if it were mounted on the wall.  Too cute.
So, that was the weekend.   I always enjoy time with the family.  And, I hope #38 has many more birthdays we can celebrate together.

No comments: