Thursday, March 22, 2012

FMQ Challenge for March

I really liked the March tute by Ann Fahl.  It flowed so easily out of me.  The only part that didn't look to well were my circles and I'm not even going to show those.  However, the stars and flowers were my favorite.  This is how it looks on my sampler
 This is the front.  Pink thread on white flannel.
This is the light green flannel backing.

I decided this would be the perfect quilting pattern for that scrappy star quilt I did in January.  

 I quilted the loopy stars on the main part of the quilt. 
 
 I did  clam shells on the inner border and vining flowers on the outside border.  The flowers were done in a variegated thread.


I think this has been one of my most satisfying quilts to make.  I used scraps throughout.  And, the quilting just flowed.  Thank you Ann Fahl for an inspiring lesson and thank you, Sew Cal Gal, for bringing all the wonderful teachers to our homes every month.

5 comments:

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Looks great!! I agree this FMQ challenge has been very inspiring with wonderful teachers so far!!

Sandy said...

Diane, your quilting is very nice--and the scrap quilt is wonderful!! You are such an inspiration! What a great feeling it must be to feel it "just flowed".

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Love that scrappy star quilt.

Vickie said...

That is a beautiful quilt and your quilting is really looking good. Can't wait to see what you've made for me!

Barbara said...

Your quilting looks great, Diane, and I love the colors in that quilt.