Sunday, March 18, 2012

Out and About

St. Patrick's Day was a non-sewing day for me.  I didn't go to the parade and hang out in the local watering hole.  I'm half Irish but I tend not to  revel with the wanna-be Irish on St. Patrick's Day.  Instead, my  BFF and I went to a quilt show in the neighboring town. 

The Prairie Quilters put on a show every two years and it has grown dramatically.  There are approximately 30-40 members in the group and the show was held in a very large ballroom.
 You can see there were a lot of quilts on display for 30+ members.  

I didn't take too many pictures.  I couldn't get back far enough from any quilt to get a good shot.  Here are just a couple.

     I think these were 4-5 inch blocks all minutely pieced.

Paper pieced and embellished with beads and beaded fringe.

Appliqued moose with pieced border
Appliqued runner.  The swirls were done in variegated thread.

Hope you enjoyed this abbreviated quilt show.  We stopped at McDonald's for shamrock shakes afterwards.  That's how I celebrated St. Patrick's Day.  Hope you had a great one, too.

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Quilt shows are MUCH better than green beer!