Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Morning Bark

I wasn't going to "bark" this morning because it's a dark, cold day and I didn't feel very positive in my brain.  Minnie even went back to bed and stuck her head under the covers.  However, I always walk in the morning and decided that what I needed to do was to put on my winter jacket, hat and scarf and brave the elements.  Walking always cleans the cobwebs out of my head.  The temperature is 42 degrees but, with a northeast wind, it feels more like 32.  Our plan was to work out in the yard today.  That's not going to happen.  Perhaps it would be best to head to the city and do our hunting and gathering.

The sewing room saw some action over the weekend.  I did a second block on the Dark Chocolate and Lavender quilt.  I don't think I've blogged about this yet.  My friend Pat brought me a sampling of this line of fabric from San Diego and I've been saving it for a special project.  Of course, I needed more so the hunt was on.  I'll give you the whole story on a future blog sometime this week.  Wait until you see this fabric.

I also started another scrappy mini quilt.  Yikes!  What am I doing?  Like I don't have enough projects going on?  After we get our shopping done today, I will do some quilting on the doll quilt for the monthly Doll Quilt Swap.   Then, get some applique pieces ready for my evening hand sewing.  It might be a good day to bake cookies, too.  

There's always something to do.

No comments: