Saturday, March 31, 2012

FO Challenge

Hard to believe it's the last day of March already.  I started a few new projects for March..

This first one might end up being the doll quilt for May so I'm not going to show too much of it.  Just a snippet.

This is a scrappy Delectable Mountains from  my excess blue fabrics.
 One more block on Sunbonnet Sue is finished.  I thought I'd be moving along faster on her.  At least my months are up to date.
 I received a beautiful sampling of fabric from my friend Pat when she visited San Diego in December.  It's called Dark Chocolate & Lavender by Sara Morgan for Blue Hill Fabrics.

She didn't buy me all of this (wish she had) so I had to go in search of more.  Of course, I couldn't find it anywhere so I contacted the shop in San Diego.  Rosie's Calico Cupboard Quilt Shop
doesn't have an online catalog but I emailed Rosie and she responded immediately and found the fabric I needed.  Only $8.75 a yard and she sent it right out.  I ordered on Friday and it was in my mailbox in Minnesota on Monday.  Anyway, I decided to make a Sister's Choice quilt for a very special person.  


 I thought there was something else but I guess this is enough.  

I should get busy now.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

I love these projects, Diane. I think I was editing the Linky gadget while you were trying to link-up and I probably messed you up. I could see your link in the widget, but it wasn't on the blog. I fixed it for you while I was there. Thanks for sharing, and good luck in the giveaway.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Absolutely lovely work. I think the sisters choice block is an excellent block for your fabrics, going to be beautiful!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Woohoo! You did more than I did.

Judee said...

I really like that Sister's Choice design and those fabrics are divine. We are going to go to San Diego soon. I am in trouble!

Sue Daurio said...

Those fabrics in sister choice are gorgeous!!

Vivian said...

Great projects for Match. Do show the doll quilt when it's all done, it already looks like a winner! Your Sue and Mountains also good. Are the mountains from Bonnie Hunter's pattern?

Brown and lavender,hmmm, a color scheme I hadn't considered before but I like it! I am going to have to look for that line and maybe do a little stashing.